This soup is a powerhouse of cleansing goodness. Broccoli has a strong, positive impact on our body’s detoxification system loaded with vitamin K and vitamin A help keep our vitamin D metabolism in balance.
It is extremely easy to prepare and can be served hot or cold. With 7g net carbs it is sure to hit the spot.
This soup is also a perfect Weight Watchers lunch at only 1 pt per serving.
Broccoli Dal Soup Recipe
By November 6, 2014Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 8 hrs 0 min
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 8 hrs 45 mins
Calories: 71.8| Fat: 0.3g | Protein: 5.2g | Carbs: 12.8g | Fibre: 5.8g | WW Points: 1
- 1/2 cup split black lentils soaked overnight
- 5 cup water (or more if needed)
- 1 small head broccoli with stem, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 1 med shallot or red onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper freshly ground, to taste
- Rinse the pre soaked black lentils well and put in a large pot with water. Bring to boil, cover and simmer until the beans fall apart, about 40 minutes.
- Once lentils have fallen apart, add chopped broccoli and cover. BeMake sure the water covers the broccoli; if needed, add a bit more water. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until broccoli is just barely fork tender.
- While broccoli cooks, heat coconut oil in a hot pan and add celery, shallot or onion) and sprinkle of salt.
- Sautee over medium heat until celery softens.
- Once broccoli is done and vegetables are soft, blend all together in a blender or with a handblender until smooth.
- Add salt to taste- start with 1/4 t then add more as needed. Serve in bowls with fresh ground black pepper. Enjoy!