This is such a versatile dish. Breakfast, lunch or dinner. I used almond milk as it has half the carbs of regular milk and the high protein feta replaces meat. If you are more of a carnivore and miss the meat try different fillings like bacon and onion or leek and mushroom – chopped finely, fried in the butter in a frypan and cooled before added to mixture. You can also try diced chicken breast and corn kernels. Just make sure you cool fillings before adding to the mixture.
It also freezes nicely cut into segments for a easy snack on the go.
Easy High Protein Feta and Spinach Quiche Recipe
By November 14, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
Calories: 388 | Fat: 27.2g | Protein: 19.7g | Carbs: 16.6g | Fibre: 2.3g | WW Points: 10
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cups almond milk unsweetened
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups feta cheese
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk together, in a bowl, eggs, milk, butter and flour.
- Fold in cheese and fillings.
- Pour into a 24 cm quiche dish, or Texas muffin tins.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until set.
- Serve hot with vegetables or cold with salad.
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- Skill Level: Easy