I have such a pile of tomatoes everyday from my garden I have a hard time keeping up with the harvest so enough was enough, time for some soup! While I was making this soup I was actually short a few so out to the garden I went to harvest another cup or so of my ruby little fellas. You can’t get any fresher than that! I also use the green and Cubanelle sweet peppers and basil from my garden.
I started cooking a little late as I am refinishing my bedroom furniture with chalk paint and lets face it, time flies when your focused on getting something done. I have one more day of sanding and waxing then the pieces can go back and I can get our bedroom back in order. Although refinishing with chalk paint isn’t a terrible job it isn’t quite as easy as I thought it would be but the results are lovely and it is an economical way to give your furniture a facelift. Thanks Lori from Pure – Petals, Paint & Simply Quaint of downtown Burlington. You were a great help!
10.8g net carbs, 3.8g protein and 3 Weight Watchers points per serving.
Fresh Cherry Tomato and Sweet Pepper Soup Recipe
By August 17, 2015Published:
- Yield: 10 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups red onions chopped
- 2 medium carrots unpeeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 pounds cherry tomatoes whole
- 1 tsp sugar or other sweetner like stevia
- 2 small Cubanelle sweet peppers chopped
- 1 small green pepper chopped
- 1 5oz can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup basil leaves packed chopped fresh
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tbsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pressure cooker over medium-low heat.
- Add the onions and carrots and saute for about 10 minutes, until very tender.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, peppers, sugar, tomato paste, basil, stock, salt, and pepper and stir well.
- Secure pressure cooker top and bring the soup to a pressure, lower the heat, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn heat off and run pot under cold water to release pressure. Once it is safe to do so and the pressure is released remove lid.
- Add the cream to the soup and using a hand blender, blend soup till smooth. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped basil and serve hot.