Here in Southern Ontario we have just enjoyed a glorious Victoria Day Long Weekend. For us it was a long weekend of spending time with friends, gardening and grilling. When the weather is beautiful I like to spend as much time outside as possible so my kitchen gets a little neglected. Baking slows to a crawl unless it is rainy and all our meals are cooked on the BBQ.
We spent Saturday evening at a friends house playing Bocce Ball and sitting outside on their deck while the night sky came to life with the most impressive neighbourhood firework display I have ever seen! It seems as though every family within a 5 km radius was setting them off. It was fantastic and we were right in the middle of it all.
This lovely little side dish made a nice accompaniment to the family’s Italian sausage and my favourite salmon sausage. The dish would also be great as a main with some grilled avocado.
There are 5g net carbs and 4 Weight Watchers points per serving.
Grilled Vegetables with Sesame Dressing Recipe
By May 19, 2015Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
- 6 baby bok choy cut in half lengthways
- 4 peppers various colours, cut into latge chunks
- 2 Asian eggplant sliced lentyhways
- 1 each green and yellow zuchinni, sliced lenthways
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar seasoned
- 2 tsp soy sauce low sodium
- 1 clove garlic minced
- For the dressing, toast the sesame seeds in a small dry skillet over medium heat until golden.
- Immediately scrape into a bowl and whisk in sesame and canola oils, vinegar, soy sauce and garlic. Set aside
- Toss the vegetables in the oil and salt and pepper.
- Grill vegetables on a preheated grill over medium heat turning occasionally until tender crisp.
- Arrange vegetables on a large platter and drizzle with dressing and toss. Serve immediately.