Because I cook a lot I am always looking for interesting blends for different dishes but I just can’t always find what I need at the grocery store. Most of the time I already have what I need in the cupboard but I just have to put it together.
I probably don’t cook Greek inspired foods as often as I should with its wonderful Mediterranean use of nuts and honey but at the very least with this blend I am now ready to take it on.
This spice blend is full of all my favourite flavours like oregano, garlic and cinnamon. All I needed was my handy dandy coffee/spice grinder to make the magic happen.
- 1½ tablespoons dried oregano
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1½ tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper (note: freshly ground black pepper is less volume than non-freshly ground, if using non-freshly ground use half the amount)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1½ tablespoons sweet paprika powder
- ¼ inch cinnamon stick
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Combine all spices together and grind to a fine powder. Store in an air tight container till needed.