This dish is super healthy but doesn’t compromise on fabulous taste. With only 1.9g of net carbs it is super easy and suitable for both type 1 and type 2 diabetics and those following a Weight Watchers diet. As an added bonus, I guarantee your kids will like it too.
Healthy Italian Baked Spaghetti Squash Recipe
By April 27, 2015Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 60 mins
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1/2 box frozen spinach thawed
- 1 medium zucchini grated
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup mozarella grated
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and roast it in the oven for about half an hour.
- Mix half a box of the spinach and a grated zucchini. Squeeze some of the liquid out of both then place in a medium bowl.
- When the squash is done, take a fork to it and scraped the squash off the sides and into the bowl.
- To the mixture add the jar of spaghetti sauce, red pepper and parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into a 8 x 8 pan. Sprinkle the mixture with the mozzarella cheese and bake at 375 degrees for about half an hour until the cheese is brown and bubbly. Enjoy!