This vegan “egg” dish is perfect for those heart conscience people who need to watch their cholesterol. It is low carb and has a decent protein count. It is a nice change from your weekend bacon and eggs and also makes a nice dinner. Kale has recently been considered the new super food. Some of its benefits are cholesterol-lowering benefits, risk-lowering benefits for cancer, provides comprehensive support for the body’s detoxification system and anti-inflammatory benefits.
Low Carb Vegan “Eggs” with Kale and Mushroom Recipe
By November 17, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
Calories: 208 | Fat: 19g | Protein: 3.2g | Carbs: 9g | Fibre: 2.5g | WW Points: 6
- 4 tsp coconut oil divided
- 5 tbsp chickpea flour (aka garbanzo bean flour)
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1/4 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/4 cup kale chopped
- sea salt or Indian black salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Heat two teaspoons of coconut oil in a small non-stick skillet.
- In a small bowl, mix the chickpea flour with the water, scallion, and a couple pinches of black salt or regular sea salt and pepper.
- Add the mushrooms into the skillet, and let them cook for about five minutes.
- Add the remaining two teaspoons of coconut oil to the pan.
- Pour the chickpea/scallion mix into the skillet, and let it cook without touching it for 3-5 minutes, or until you see the perimeter begin to set.
- Sprinkle the kale into the skillet.
- Using a spatula, begin breaking the mix into smaller bite-size pieces.
- Heat the ‘eggs’ until they are cooked through.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- Skill Level: Easy