Chili is a perfect meal for families on the go. Turkey is low fat and high protein and the salsa adds a little extra flair.
Top with low-fat shredded cheese and for a little kick add some jalape
Turkey Chili Recipe
By February 26, 2014Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 mins
Calories:203 | Fat: 6.7g | Protein: 17.8g | Carbs: 20.2g | Fibre: 5.6g | WW Points: 5
- 1 tbsp olive oil or canola oil
- 1 garlic garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb turkey lean ground (white meat, such as breast)
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 32 oz salsa (homemade, or low-sodium organic)
- 1 10.5 black beans can, rinsed and drained
- 1 10.5 oz pinto beans can, rinsed and drained
- In a frying pan, add olive oil and saute garlic. Add turkey meat and cook through.
- Add chili powder and mix to coat the turkey meat, adding water if necessary. (This step is much like making taco meat. Turkey breast meat is flavorless and this adds a bit of flavor.)
- Once the chili is incorporated into the turkey meat, add salsa. Add and mix in the drained, rinsed beans.
- Cook until it thickens (usually about 45 minutes).
- Serve over hot basmati rice or with tortilla chips. Makes great leftovers and freezes well.