With winter well on its way a hearty soup always hits the spot. Have a small bowl as an appetizer or go large and pair it with a hearty ham and cheese pita on a high protien pita. Enjoy and stay warm!
Cauliflower Cheddar Soup Recipe
By January 3, 2014Published:
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 55 mins
Calories: 220 | Fat: 14g | Protein: 13g | Carbs: 13g | Fibre: 2g | WW Points: 6
- 1 medium cauliflower broken in florets
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 14 1/2 oz can chicken broth
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups cheese cheddar, shredded
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes dried
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg ground
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp curry powder
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the cauliflower, onion, broth and bouillon. Cover and cook over medium heat until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Cook and stir until bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes longer or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheese and seasonings. Pour into cauliflower mixture.
- Simmer slowly for 30 minutes (do not boil).