Lunches can be a bit of a challenge when you are on a low carb diet, what ever the reason may be. We were lucky enough to come across the Ezekiel Sprouted Flax bread which is only 10g net carbs per slice and considering it is a sprouted bread it seems to have only a minimal effect on blood sugar levels. It is however still bread and bread does contain carbs but this one is definitely worth a try.
For this open faced sanny we used high protein Tre Stelle Ricotta with fresh mini cucumbers sliced, a large farm fresh egg fried and topped it with a dash of salt and pepper and chopped parsley. It was an extremely satisfying and refreshing lunch.
Try different sliced veggie such as tomatoes or avocado and perhaps a squirt of Sriracha to add some heat.
Ricotta and Egg on Low Carb Sprouted Bread Recipe
By April 29, 2015Published:
- Yield: 1 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- 1 slice Ezekiel Bread sprouted flax
- 2 tbsp Ricotta Cheese Tre Stelle
- 1 cucumber baby, thinly sliced
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- 1 tsp parsley finely chopped
- Spread Tre Stelle Ricotta chese on a freshly toasted piece of Ezekiel Sprouted Flax bread.
- Spray a small frying pan with cooking spray to prevent sticking and cook egg to desired doneness. I prefer over easy.
- Place egg on prepared toast and sprinkle with salt, pepper and parsley. Enjoy!